*tips hat*

SkybornSentinel
Grunt

*tips hat*

Unread postby SkybornSentinel » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:20 pm

Hey, nice to meet y'all. I'm a newcomer to the community and Sam's streams. I'm not exactly a fledgling artist, but I'm nowhere near a professional level. I had a predominately traditional background until last year when I managed to get my hands on an iPad pro, which has served as my introductory tool to digital art. Since then, my style has been shifting greatly from line-work heavy to include more focus on values and color. Currently I want to begin experimenting with digital painting. I'm doing my best to learn and improve, and I want to make a concerted effort this year to get better. Hopefully this forum will be a good place to get advice, improve, and fellowship with people of similar persuasions. I'll try to be as active as I can, but as I'm a college student pursuing a bachelors in Electrical Engineering, my course load is heavy and my activity will likely be sporadic. Thanks for hearing me out and getting to know me a bit. I'll see y'all around the forum boards.
"There are no mistakes --- only happy little pages mysteriously gone from my sketchbook"
HalRondo
Grunt

Re: *tips hat*

Unread postby HalRondo » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:23 pm

Hi Skyborn. Do you know about Ctrl Paint's free library? He covers a lot of techniques for digital painting. I finished working through the whole thing about a month ago.
https://www.ctrlpaint.com/library/
SkybornSentinel
Grunt

Re: *tips hat*

Unread postby SkybornSentinel » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:37 pm

HalRondo wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:23 pm
Hi Skyborn. Do you know about Ctrl Paint's free library? He covers a lot of techniques for digital painting. I finished working through the whole thing about a month ago.
https://www.ctrlpaint.com/library/
I didn't, thanks for letting me know about it. I'll be sure to check it out.
"There are no mistakes --- only happy little pages mysteriously gone from my sketchbook"