TAP Study Challenge #29: Hands

sampetersonart
Art Posse Honcho

TAP Study Challenge #29: Hands

Unread postby sampetersonart » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:08 am

Description:
The new study challenge for the next week is to draw and practice hands. The focus is to work on your understanding of the overall structure of the hand. Use photos you find online for references (or from life using your own hands), and try to draw a variety of angles to help understand the forms better. These don't need to be extremely detailed as the focus is the basic structure of the hand, but use this challenge to focus on the areas you feel you're weak in. Also feel free to fit in hands from imagination to try and apply what you've learned from the studies. The amount of hands you do for this challenge is up to you.

I recommend trying to block out the out the overall shape first and to gesture out the fingers, while making sure the overall structure is solid before going into any more detail.

Rules and Guidelines:
-This a hand drawing study challenge.
-Approach it with an idea of what you'd like to focus on and learn from the study.
-Any medium is allowed.
-WIPs and finals can be posted in this thread. Try to post all your images in the same post by "editing" it if possible.
-Due before Sam's stream on Monday, February 26th.
Vilmokas
Grunt

Re: TAP Study Challenge #29: Hands

Unread postby Vilmokas » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:36 am

I love drawing hands in free time.
JaredCub
Grunt

Re: TAP Study Challenge #29: Hands

Unread postby JaredCub » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:51 pm

For some reason I make better hands using my own?
HANDS STUDY.png
HANDS STUDY.png (274.95 KiB) Viewed 592 times