Instagram for Art?

Berry
Grunt

Instagram for Art?

Unread postby Berry » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:14 am

Hey everyone :)
I lately am takeing commission, but ofcourse my style is... uhm not thaaat popular. So i was wondering how to get my art more known.
Someone mentioned that they have seen artists upload their works at Instagram.
Before jumping right at it... i sort of wanted to ask for your opinions.
I only know that instagram is intended for fotos and such so i am a bit scared people might hat when i upload art there... especialy since i mainly do digital art ô_O
Do you guys have any experience with art on instagram?
Would you do it?

I really am unsure rightnow. It does sound like a good idea... but... well i am worried people might get the wrong idea about it and start hating at me... :/
chubbycat
Foot Soldier

Re: Instagram for Art?

Unread postby chubbycat » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:56 am

I know this reply is very late and thusly, probably not relevant anymore, but definitely post your work to instagram in the future. There's actually so many digital artists and art pages on there already so you would fit right on in. So far I haven't encountered any hate on digital artists, but just be sure to # your images appropriately.

Did you end up posting to instagram? :)
MacMcCrack
Grunt

Unread postby MacMcCrack » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:10 am

yeah for some reason its very popular. I have to transfer my pics to dropbox and upload them on my phone, but its worth it.
roman72
Grunt

Unread postby roman72 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:10 am

Instagram is an awesome place for craftsmen to offer craftsmanship. It's no panacea and it surely doesn't work for all craftsmen and all workmanship, yet like some other online stage, it has certain conventions and strategies that tend to yield positive outcomes. On the off chance that your way to deal with making and getting presentation for your craft happens to coordinate with what you're going to peruse, you may well fall into the class of Instagram craftsmen who offer, a large number of whom offer their specialty great.