Art Posse Study/Accountability Buddies!

sampetersonart
Art Posse Honcho

Art Posse Study/Accountability Buddies!

Unread postby sampetersonart » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:03 pm

Do you have trouble keeping up with drawing consistently, updating online on a regular basis, staying motivated, or sticking to the plans you set for yourself?

WELL THEN THE TAP STUDY BUDDY PROGRAM IS FOR YOU!

This is a thread where you can try to find a study/accountability buddy to pair up who shares similar goals. Whether it's filling up a sketchbook page each week, doing portfolio pieces on a regular schedule, updating your sketchbook consistently, doing the TAP challenges, or working through Scott Robertson's "How to Draw" perspective book page by page, etc. Whatever you feel like you need to do a better job of keeping up with, you can find someone who has similar goals and motivate each other while keeping one another on track.

You can communicate and keep up with each-other however you like, but I'd recommend using the Art Posse Discord channel (ask in stream or message me for an invite if you need one), exchanging instant messenger info, or making a thread on the forum. We may find a better place on the forum specifically for these as we move forward.

Post in this thread with your Twitch name, goals you're interesting in finding a buddy for, a timeline for these goals, and any other info you think is relevant.
Jmob
Royal Guard

Re: Art Posse Study/Accountability Buddies!

Unread postby Jmob » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:47 am

Ohhhh yeah!
-----------------

Who wants to challenge me and push me to my limit? <3 Full. Body. Contact. Pushing-it-to-the-limit.
Last edited by Jmob on Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sketchbook <3 >>> http://www.theartposse.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2979#p2979

Slow down to speed up.
Hermidraws
Knight

Unread postby Hermidraws » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:03 am

Oh yeah. Lets do this.

-

For those interested into pairing up:

Currently my goal is to post 3 times a week (Mo, We, Fri) and learning to draw the head by using (Loomis/Huston/Reiley Method) so if you are interested for learning to draw to head, lets pair up. Since that's what I am currently going through.

My timezone is GMT -4 and yeah. Lets do this!
Pebbermint
Grunt

Unread postby Pebbermint » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:03 am

Man this is a great idea!
I'd be up for this, I need to get some more practice in, and more importantly actually finish something once in a while. NotLikeThis
- Katrine/Kat/Pebber/Pebbermint CoolCat
Shrill_Llama
Grunt

Unread postby Shrill_Llama » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:26 am

This is a fantastic idea :o . I'll throw my hat in the ring and say I would like to get a study partner.

A little bit about myself. I've been digital painting for a year now. I've gotten into the habit of painting for about an hour a day, more on the weekends, so motivation isn't really an issue. I'm a professional Cinematics Animator so I excel at composition and posing characters and have a lot of professional experience giving and receiving critiques.

I'd love to find someone who is confident and skilled in texture and color which are my two biggest weaknesses. I'm also trying to get more comfortable with posting studies and unfinished work to my sketchbook. It's always been a fear of mine. So a person having a large sketchbook is a plus.

Twitch Name: @Shrill_Llama http://www.twitch.tv/shrill_llama/profile

Strengths: Composition, Posing

Weaknesses: Texture, Color

Goal: My goal this year is to paint a portrait of my grandfather by December. I've been doing a 1 hour portrait once a week and a five hour portrait once a month, but if I could find someone to encourage me to do studies on individual parts or 20 min speed paints that would help me a lot.

You can find some samples of finished work on my website here: http://pumpaanimation.com/galleries.html

Best of luck to everyone! tapRAID
llfsa
Grunt

Unread postby llfsa » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:37 pm

AngryMofo here, great stuff Sam! I have no issue drawing daily, but it would be awesome to have some sort of schedule for working on that How To Draw book as I feel I should be learning more of that stuff!

Let me know when you want to start busting through it!

Cheers
svenjoha
Grunt

Unread postby svenjoha » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:28 pm

Hey guys I'm trying to learn a lot right now but a few things I am wanting to go through are Color and Light by James Gurney, Imaginative Realism by James Gurney, and Anthony Jones' gumroad tutorials. Let me know if you are interersted we can connect through email or something.
Twitch: svenjoha
Hermidraws
Knight

Unread postby Hermidraws » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:40 pm

For some whom already post, don't forget to state what you're focusing on/want to focus on. Alias I wonder if everyone has different goals how exactly we can pair up then, Kappa
baconboltz
Knight

Unread postby baconboltz » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:44 pm

Awww yea I'm definitely up for this I just want to get better overall but mostly I want learn how to actually do concepts :)
SickDelusion
Grunt

Unread postby SickDelusion » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:15 am

Hai folks,

I'd like to join, too! Currently my focus lies on values, anatomy studies and forshortening (and some improvement on dynamic figure drawing/gestures) - hooray for Loomis. Twitch, Skype, Discord, my nick name's everywhere the same x) Only got a limited amount of time though, like an 1 - 3 hours after work or more on weekends.
Time zone is UTC/GMT+1.
Pebbermint
Grunt

Unread postby Pebbermint » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:40 am

Hermidraws wrote:For some whom already post, don't forget to state what you're focusing on/want to focus on. Alias I wonder if everyone has different goals how exactly we can pair up then, Kappa

Does it really matter though? Everyone have different things they want to work on, the way i see it is that this is an opportunity to have someone remind you/push you to get stuff done. Once you've found a partner you can always go into specifics then :D
- Katrine/Kat/Pebber/Pebbermint CoolCat
Hermidraws
Knight

Unread postby Hermidraws » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:15 pm

Pebbermint wrote:
Does it really matter though? Everyone have different things they want to work on, the way i see it is that this is an opportunity to have someone remind you/push you to get stuff done. Once you've found a partner you can always go into specifics then :D
That's what this thread is for, for peoples to specify what their goals/focus is, so the process of finding a partner will be easier. So it does matter. If you don't want to specify then that's alright. BrokeBack
Last edited by Hermidraws on Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gnarigon
Foot Soldier

Unread postby gnarigon » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:32 pm

Sounds good,I´m in:
Been drawing for 3-4 months,pretty low level,currently focused on learning full body anatomy,but also still struggling with faces.
I´ll probably try out some environments in far future too.
gnarigon
Foot Soldier

Unread postby gnarigon » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:34 pm

gnarigon wrote:Sounds good,I´m in:
Been drawing for 3-4 months,pretty low level,currently focused on learning full body anatomy,but also still struggling with faces.
I´ll probably try out some environments in far future too.
EDIT:
forgot my twitch name,it should be gnarigon_ijvra or just gnarigon
Last edited by gnarigon on Wed May 18, 2016 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
rob_odd
Grunt

Unread postby rob_odd » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:02 am

Heyo everyone, I could use a buddy (or two?) :P
I´m currently streaming a few hours almost every day with a focus on doing the weekly challenges, figure drawing or doing master studies , to get better at :
anatomy, perspective, colour, values and composition.
My big future goal would be to work as a character designer (or something along those lines).
Not sure if I exel in anything yet but I practiced heads for quiet a while now and think I could have a thing for shapes/analysing.
My twitch name is rob_odd
Last edited by rob_odd on Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheShoethief
Grunt

Unread postby TheShoethief » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:44 pm

Hey folks! I think this study buddy/accountability buddy thing is exactly what I need. I currently already do anatomy studies alot but what I'd like to focus on specifically is environments, cinematic composition, full illustrations (even it they never make it past the sketch phase), and most importantly UPDATING REGULARLY! My Twitch name is also The Shoethief.

Edit: I also want to start streaming!
Last edited by TheShoethief on Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChristopherCant
Grunt

Unread postby ChristopherCant » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:09 pm

This is a good idea! I should get involved; no idea what my study buddy goals will be right now (maybe finished pieces, anatomy, composition...) and I'm honestly kinda happy figuring shit out on my own, but I could always do with a stone cold killer to keep me on track :D ill get on the discord soon and figure something out
Last edited by ChristopherCant on Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me! Believe in the me who believes in you! Your drill is the drill that will pierce the Heavens!

SKETCHBEWK | TWITCH | TUMBLR
Hermidraws
Knight

Unread postby Hermidraws » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:43 am

So has anyone chosen their respective partners yet, still open over here. tapHYPE
Hermidraws
Knight

Unread postby Hermidraws » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:22 pm

I shall be pairing up with @SunnibunniGreenpeas. But we can accept 1 or 2 more peoples. Currently we're focusing on keeping each other accountable on posting in our sketchbooks. tapHYPE
Bionicsonic
Grunt

Unread postby Bionicsonic » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:57 am

Sounds like a fun thing to do. If anyone is willing to partner up or discuss and keeping up on art stuff then sounds good. tapHYPE
LeonardBFM
Foot Soldier

Unread postby LeonardBFM » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:04 am

sup, im in too, i might just come here and hijack all your sketchbooks and nag yall on stuff you tell me youre working on. i myself am on a weird process of doing traditional forever and now translating into digital, while realizing the serious gaps of knowledge in my traditional painting so:

traditional: redoing basics like perspective and losing my fear of lacking ability in enviroment work, im rebrushing on anatomy an my own general model of the figure this week.

painting: studying colors edges and the painting process and how that affects the outcome of the painting, im not focusing on speed yet but im not going slow either, normally i use the subject im studying in my sketchbook to paint in photoshop so i dont juggle too much balls at once (to be honest it feels like im already doing too many, but i get really anxious if im not working on alot of stuff, the sad thing focusing its alot more benefical....anyone got tips)

Cheers.
when in doubt, ask yourself, what would scooby do?

Sketchbook OpieOP viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1392&start=25

Stream WutFace https://www.twitch.tv/dawckward
JanDrenovec
Champion

Unread postby JanDrenovec » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:53 pm

Sign me up! :D
I have been doing daily studies and streaming them on my twitch channel (http://www.twitch.tv/jandrenovec) for over half of the year without one single day missed. I am trying to study/draw 4h -6h per day, but sometimes my school projects don't let me to, however I have always managed to put in at least 2 hours.

My goal is to get as good as possible in fantasy art field and hopefully land some decent jobs by the time I graduate (4 months from now). And as soon as my classes come to an end, I will be boosting up study/drawing hours up to the 10h per day and start working out in the mornings.

My weaknesses are: character designs, anatomy, costume/armor design, colour, dynamic compostions, drawing forms, perspective.. oh wait.. that is almost every aspect of art ..xD

Feel free to join me, I am always glad to help. Wake up, work hard, and stop being a loser!! (Crimson Daggers motto)
Hermidraws
Knight

Unread postby Hermidraws » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:00 am

If you guys haven't already please join the Discord, its really easy to use, and fast to communicate with other peoples. There is both voice/chat system on discord. Contact the admin for an invite. And Jan your post gave me a good 4Head tapHYPE
Shrill_Llama
Grunt

Unread postby Shrill_Llama » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:26 pm

I'm happy to announce that TheShoeThief and Shrill_Llama are teaming up! tapHYPE Goals have been made, deadlines have been formed, and we are ready to pursue the next level.
Hermidraws
Knight

Unread postby Hermidraws » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:16 pm

So how is this accountability thing going for everyone else? Making progression? Feel its not working out. Share your insights.