Challenge Suggestions!

The time has come, my friends... OSsloth
Shrill_Llama
Grunt

Re: Challenge Suggestions!

Unread postby Shrill_Llama » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:18 am

Illustration Challenge:
A general description and guidelines for an illustration will be given. Will depict an entire scene as opposed to a single concept.

Who would win in a fight? - Pick two characters and have them duke it out in an illustration.
Sublime Creatures - Beings so large and magnificent they can barely be perceived. Gods, titans, colossal creatures, and underwater monsters. I'm including this in illustration because environment should be included for scale.
The Killing Stroke - The stike that finally puts your opponent down.
Apotheosis - Traditionally, apotheosis is the ascension to Godhood. But in storytelling it can also mean the key component in overcoming an obstacle at the height of the climax. Either way, show the moment where you obtain the object, knowledge, weapon, or person that allows you to ascend to the next level of power and overcome the odds.

Open Concept Challenge:
A general backstory, description, or video game premise will be given. People can choose what in the story interested them and do a concept of it.

The Reason You're Afraid of the Dark - When the lights go out and your imagination goes wild, what do fear is just outside of your vision?
The First Date - Maybe it's the dress she wore, maybe it was when he first held my hand, maybe it was the way the moonlight shone off the fountain in the promenade. In any case, that's a night I will never forget.
Stranded on a Desert Island - What do you have, what's your shelter look like, where did you wash ashore?
Dungeon Master - There's treasure in your dungeon and you don't want anyone to get to it. Where is your dungeon and what traps, monsters, obstacles, and rooms do you use to keep people away?

Redesign Challenge:
Character or creature from a video game, movie, show, comic, etc is redesigned with a general theme or twist in mind.

Antihero - An antihero is a hero that doesn't have traditional or heroic attributes and are often motivated by selfish means. But they save the day because the people's needs just happen to coincide with the antihero's. A lot of classic good guy (or bad guy) characters can be re-imagined as having dark or selfish qualities while still completing their quest.
Elderly - After the fight is over, the princess has been saved, and the mystery is solved. How does the passage of time treat the hero? I'd like to see this because no one does elderly concepts.
The Next Generation - Will their children continue with the family business?
Gender Swap - Kind of a tired concept but it's still challenging.

Concept Challenge:
Each challenge a topic with a brief description is given. Can rotate between a character, creature, environment, vehicle, weapon, prop, etc.

Whacky Racer - Design a go-kart or car with tricked out features that give you an advantage during the race.
Magical Rings - I straight up stole this from KastrumEvius cause I think it's a really good idea. I never see concepts for rings.
The Fountain of Youth - What does immortality look like?
The Spirit of the Forest - It's existed for thousands of years, but no one has seen it up close till now.
Drawnie95
Grunt

Unread postby Drawnie95 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:56 pm

Hey Posse peeps,

so I just came up with this idea in Sam's stream.
Me and some other people thought that creating a god to the godly weapon we're designing this week would be awesome. tapGASM
So I'm referring to the people who have the almighty task to call the challenges tapHYPE

Think about it OMGScoots
burch_ARTZ
Grunt

Unread postby burch_ARTZ » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:56 pm

Next challenge..... Chest hair! Anyone? Anyone? Eh?
tapRAID Robert Burchartz.

https://www.facebook.com/burchARTZ
https://www.twitch.tv/burch_artz

Twinkle Twinkle f***ing why?! Can’t I draw the other eye? o_o
Shrill_Llama
Grunt

Unread postby Shrill_Llama » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:15 pm

I think it'd be fun to draw one of the other art posse members as their forum name. You look at members like TheShoethief, TheHooverDam, Nines, ginklewink, and raven, pick one, and paint what you think their gamer tag persona would look like. tapGASM
karanveer41
Grunt

Unread postby karanveer41 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:24 pm

How about a challenge where you design a spacesuit for a hostile planet environment.

Like, a suit for a planet with extreme heat or cold or wind etc.
Zing
Grunt

Unread postby Zing » Sat May 14, 2016 3:45 am

Suggestion/Feedback on challenges in general.

Setting a more specific defined prompt as if the one posting the challenge was the client and less blue sky stuff.

For example: Instead of Elite Assassin's long range and short range weapons in whatever time period and style, the challenge's asks for the main gun and back up gun designs for a mercenary from real world 1940s, on the Russian front, who is a sniper that has 40 confirmed kills.

This way people have to learn to do research, have strict guidelines to keep to but then can also make it their own. And in the end, everyone can compare and learn all the more because everyone was designing very similar guns allowing everyone to understand why one design may be more successful because of one thing or another vs less successful design choice. When everyone's designs are so different, it is harder to learn actually from something when no one else's designs were of the same guidelines.

Person 1 designs sniper rifle and hand gun
Person 2 designs Rocket launcher and fully auto sawed off shotgun
Person 3 designs Super beam laser canon rifle with ion gravity razor blade hand knife

When everyone is so different...no one is really learning anything about design, but instead are just simply practicing illustration...but was not the point of the entire challenge. Challenge was about learning about design.
Jah
Knight

Unread postby Jah » Thu May 19, 2016 2:22 am

as I see it... challenges are now too restrictive and also slightly confusing. Opposed to what @Zing said I would like more "blue skyes" again so it is more fun and not unpaid job PMSTwin
Also I miss old good study challenges and all around I see that weekly challenges worked better as it used to be. tapLOVE
CyborgSellout
Grunt

Unread postby CyborgSellout » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:43 pm

I've done a bunch of sketches, but I haven't actually fully completed a challenge yet, so maybe I'm a bad person to suggest challenges :), but I was watching Evolve on twitch and I was thinking that a good challenge could be a monster designed around an emotion/feeling. I think I'd ban anger, but like grief, revenge, justice, nurturing, can lead to very different feeling monsters with an inherently strong sense of character and story.
How a different anatomy/environment of the creature expresses that feeling is kind of an interesting question, like a giant mutant bird or serpent would express "loss" differently through body language or surroundings, etc. It could also be changed to robots/vehicles/buildings pretty easily, too.

Maybe it wouldn't be a good challenge, but I feel like it might lead me to a good portfolio piece, haha.
Chucklovessky
Grunt

Unread postby Chucklovessky » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:28 pm

Challenge Types:

Illustration Challenge:
WoW creatures

Open Concept Challenge:
Spyro

Redesign Challenge:
Realistic version of a cartoon character.

Concept Challenge:
starsandcats
Grunt

Unread postby starsandcats » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:30 pm

AGING CHARACTER
Make a character as a baby then develop them all the way up to an edler
Mike086
Grunt

Unread postby Mike086 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:59 pm

Take a popular character from Disney/Marvel/D.C. Create a fan art illustration in a Blizzard Style/video game company of your choice.

Design a classic fairytale character in a Riot/Blizzard Style (three little pigs and big bad wolf).

Design a Magic the Gathering style card:

Green Mana: Eldritch Wurm - creature wurm

Red Mana: Crack Skull Swine Commander -goblin warrior

White Mana: Luna, Shield Bearer - creature, angel

Blue Mana: Mage of Deep Echoes - human wizard

Black Mana: Rot Lord - creature zombie
-Mike086
TWITCH.TV/MIKE086
I stream weekday mornings!
Monday-Friday 6am-8am Pacific Time

www.MCIII.net
TimothyZex
Grunt

Challenge Suggestions

Unread postby TimothyZex » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:00 am

God dammit mokia

actually if axx does pretty much any of the suggestions in the suggestion thread Im out of dolls >.>